Lockdown 3 news!
Posted: Tuesday 23rd March 2021
The devastating effects of C-19 has led The Cut to pause, take stock and have a look at what we do while our doors have been shut and the world has been in lockdown.
We decided to treat it, on one level, as an opportunity.
While the building has been closed during all three lockdowns we have:
• Repainted the whole interior of the building with a team of volunteers
• Received emergency response funding from Arts Council England, Theatre Trust
and Suffolk CC
• Successfully applied for funding to install solar panels and upgrade the theatre lighting to LED
• Planned, and are building, a new website
• Planned and launched a digital archive of our art exhibitions since 2003 with artist interviews funded by Arts Council England
• Installed the first phase of upgrading the theatre sound system and are installing the surround sound
• Planned streaming events and received funding to buy new equipment
We have successfully funded the website and we have an application pending with ACE, Peter Sowerby Foundation, Adnams and British Council.
The Foyle Foundation have funded the second phase of the sound system. The remainder of the work is paid for by The Cut funding account and a successful application to BEE Anglia, a subsidiary of Suffolk County Council and the Bounce Back Fund.
We've recieved project funding for The Cut Digital Archive from Arts Council England.
We have been moved and amazed at the generosity of the private donations we have received.
You can read more here